The Serpent's Daughter by Celina Marquez

The Serpent's DaughterThe Serpent's Daughter by Celina Marquez
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2,5 stars rounded up

This book has some amazing potential. I think the characters could have been interesting, and I love how the plot gives room to visit and learn about cultures.

There is so much what could have been, if the writing had not been so hurried and sloppy. I admit it gets a bit better once the first part is over and they are in this realm, but still. Often there seemed a lot happening just because it was needed to yeet the plot to the next section, without any time for the reader to adjust to what actually happened. There were several times I looked at my page bewildered and thought 'make it make sense please?' There was so much of the other realm unexplored and unexplained, so much of 'oh right, you didn't know this, I forgot ...' followed by a bare bones explanation by a smirking character, because the MC was just as 'wtf just happened' as I was.

In short, The Serpent's Daughter could do with a couple of massive editing rounds. If it had been edited properly, it might have been an amazing story. As it is, it left me a little sad that so much potential and creativity has been left this way.

View all my reviews

Reacties

Populaire posts