Screen by Aarti Patel

ScreenThe setting and worldbuilding of this novella is very interesting. I think there could be a whole lot more into this, and I would love to read more stories/books in it!

The story itself was okay. It was short, and because it all happened within only 35 pages, it felt rushed. I am sure that if Aarti Patel had taken the time to write a full length book - or perhaps even more than one - to tell this story, there would not have been the need to rush vast informing monologues into it. Let actions speak and readers find out how the world is set up, where the buzz comes from and what influence the Screen has on people without a character telling another character.

I think the same goes for the characters. Don't rush them that much. Give readers the time to get to know them and start to root for them before things happen.

All in all I agree with others before me that the story is quite cliché. That is okay, nothing is truly original anymore - everything has been done already. I think it does have a lot of potential though, if it is worked out further, expanded, charactes get the time to evolve and grow and show who they are, and we as a reader get the chance to experience what happens instead of being told within a short amount of time.

Reacties

Populaire posts