Tower of Mud and Straw by Yaroslav Barsukov

Tower of Mud and StrawTower of Mud and Straw by Yaroslav Barsukov
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story of 'Tower of Mud and Straw' is amazing, as are the characters - they were really interesting, and clearly well thought out.

So why only the three stars? That all has to do with the pacing. For me this novella was too fast-paced on one hand, and too slow on the other. Sounds weird, right? Well, that's how it felt too. It was like being in the passenger seat of an amazing car, it feels amazing, and it is, but the driver keeps showing he can accelerate to 100 km/h in 5 seconds and then how well the brakes work. Sometimes there was a part that was all about amazing character development, and then suddenly I sat thinking 'okay, wtf just happened?'

It still is an amazing novella though! I guess it's just that it would have been better as a full length novel, with enough room for both character and plot.

I want to thank Netgalley and Metaphorosis Publishing for the chance to read this book.

View all my reviews

Reacties

Populaire posts