The Flight of Anja by Tamara Goranson

The Flight of Anja (The Vinland Viking Saga #2)The Flight of Anja by Tamara Goranson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Anja does not like her mother, Freydis, and thinks she is not her real mother. But when her father wants to marry her off to a wealthy, important, but also old, filthy and mean man, she has to accept Freydis' help to get away to Vinland.

The journey is hard, as is her arrival, and finding out the truth about her parents. She finds her way though, allbeit blundering through hardship, trauma, culture shock and the obligatory love triangle (which to me was the only downside to the book, but it did provide a clear window in navigating and not quite grasping a culture Anja was not used to).

I loved this book again, and I am very much looking forward to read part 3.

Thank you to Netgalley and Harper Collins for giving me the chance to read this book.

View all my reviews

Reacties

Populaire posts