I will Die on this Hill by Meghan Ashburn and Jules Edwards

I Will Die on This HillThis is the kind of book I couldn't put down once I started.
During the years following my own autism diagnosis I often walked against a wall when it came to Autism Moms™. Why didn't they listen to autistic adults? Why did they keep bringing their children to ABA while they were told repeatedly that it is torture to autistic children? etc. This book adresses this communication gap in a wonderful way, making it a must read for both the mothers of autistic children and autistic adults.
The only real downside to this book I see is the fangirling over Why I Jump. While I see how this book changed the way Meghan looked to learning from autistics, and it is wonderful that it did, I do not think this is a book that should be read by everyone. As my own review states, it is too generalizing. I am fine not going back to the prehistoric watery mess, thanks.

View all my reviews

Reacties

Populaire posts