Where Wild Peaches Grow by Cade Bentley

Where Wild Peaches GrowMy rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had fun reading this book. I have a thing for books with family histories and people navigating their own past, present and future, both contemporary and speckled with history. Where Wild Peaches Grow certainly has this.

There were some downsides that did not make it as enjoyable a read as I had hoped it would be though. To me the plot fell short, because it was so hung up on people not talking to and with each other. Like, if some of them had had a good conversation in the past or even at the start of the book it would have resolved most of the problems they faced. Another one thing I found hard to take on face value was Julia having Sanganette as a best friend. Someone who downplays your family and people's history like that in your face (or even if it's not in your face) is not a friend. It might be my own privilege, but I cannot imagine staying around and trusting someone like that.

View all my reviews

Reacties

Populaire posts